From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-17 19:57:14

"Noah Stein" <noah_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]

Ok, I believe you, but I don't understand it. Here's why: a constructor is
nothing more than a C function
in some form. It takes some paramters and perhaps access global data. So what
do you mean by
"one shot"? Don't you get to decide what call that is the "one shot" (?) like
in

Foo f;
f.bar1();
f.barN();
f.commit(); // this can is crusial, the others not

| In addition, what about dealing with libraries? For example, the BGL has a
| function named brandes_betweenness_centrality that takes 9 parameters. I
| would be hesitant to try to refactor the BGL locally on my machine.

so would I.

| My
| other option is construct a separate class in order to collect the
| parameters and make the call later. I think the custom forwarding class is,
| although similar, inferior.

ok.

-Thorsten