From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-18 10:18:39

Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> In fact, I get a similar error for the example code in your mail:
>
> overloaded.cc: In member function `ResultType GENERATE_DETAIL::foo_overloaded_t<ResultType>::operator()() const':
> overloaded.cc:7: error: no matching function for call to `foo()'
> overloaded.cc:4: note: candidates are: void foo(int)
> overloaded.cc:5: note: void foo(char*)
>
> So although I can see uses for this, I can't use it :-)

Oh dear. I hadn't tested it very thoroughly - it works on g++ versions
2.95 and 3.3, but not 3.4 (which I guess you're using). I'm not sure
it's possible to deal with this on a compiler which implements two-phase
template instantiation, since the nullary function isn't a template
function. It might be best just to remove it, since I don't think it's
that useful anyway. Unless anyone's got a better idea.

Daniel