Date: 2004-11-18 15:06:20

Mathew Robertson wrote:

> The point was that I could also write an operator>> which read the config, into the settings object.
> What is not clear, is how the cfg object (which has accessor members) can write into the Settings struct.

Ah, now I see. Please scroll to the end of the document

after this section

http://www.litwindow.com/lwl/doc/html/comparison_10x.html#complex_rules

"Preparing to use the Lit Window Library".

The cfg object accesses the Settings object or any other object through
a 'data abstraction layer', a type of reflection mechanism. The
"Preparing to use..." section shows you what you have to do for the
Settings class definition so that the operator >> knows what to do.

A 'data adapter' is basically a map<string, accessor>, mapping member
variables of a class to get/set functions.

> Does Lit parse the header file of wxConfigBase?

No, it does not parse header files. You have to include a small
declaration for the data adapter. See the "Preparing..." text part of
the document above.

> I'll take more of a look this coming weekend, as I'm not sure I follow the tutorials...

Thanks a lot, I am looking forward to your comments.

Best regards

Hajo Kirchhoff