From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-21 11:55:03

"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

> 2) Color choices:
> http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/index.htm
>
> White on blue isn't a good choice here in my view. A light shading with dark
> text would be much better.

These things are very subjective. I liked the white on blue, but
sometimes you have to pick lowest common denominator to make things
work for everyone.

  http://luabind.sourceforge.net/boost.png

Did that by erring on the side of simplicity.

> I don't like these either -- the red is too jarring for me...
> http://uk.geocities.com/msclrhd/boost/boost2.html

Me too.

> 3) The need for icons
> Personally, the icons really don't do anything except add a bit of flair to
> the page. So I'm with Dave on this -- the text is more important.

Which is why it should be dark.

> I'll have some additional thoughts on content organization if I can
> ever get finished with my OOPSLA workshop writeup. We had some
> specific discussions about content changes that need to be made...
>
> Thanks for working on this!

Indeed, THANKS!

--
Dave Abrahams