From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 11:19:26

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> Here's my take. I'm providing b/w and color versions. The idea
> is to provide an abstract logo to associate with Boost while retaining
> the visual link with the previous artwork (through using the same
> Impact font for the name, a very appropriate font IMHO.)
> Some more rationales behind the proposal:
>
> * It can be easily rasterized.
> * It goes well with flat backgrounds.
> * It works as a transition from the old logo.
>
> As for the logo itself, it tries to convey the following connotations:
>
> * Its square shape, and the fact that is bottom aligned
> with the text, gives a sense of solidness.
> * It reminds the reader of a set of construction toolkit
> pieces, which associates well with Boost being a repository of
> general purpose libraries.
> * The "++" part of C++ is retained, integrated into the
> logo. Going a little pedantic, one can even recognize
> the logo as a deconstruction of "C++", where the L-shaped
> pieces are the two halves of an upper "C", split and shifted.
>
> Dya like it?

I like it. Although a version without the L-shapes might be interesting,
too. Or maybe fill the edges, too? Hmm... it just looks a bit nervous to
me with the "gaps" in two corners. With filled edges, it's more like a
solid block. And "solid" is a good word to associate with boost, IMHO.

Also, I like the fact it's prefix, not postfix, because this also
communicates the efficiency of Boost ;)

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology