From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 14:27:34

David Abrahams wrote:

> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>Dave I think you are falling into the same mental trap you accused me
>>of... You are placing significance on the logo because you have a set
>>idea of what it means.
>
> Did I accuse you of that?

At least I got that impression in a previous email... Then again it's
probably just me :-\

>>>But if you take a look at the
>>>really effective ones (Apple, FedEx**, Coke, UPS, ...) they do basically
>>>one simple thing. It's much better to err on the side of minimalism.
>>
>>Seen them, studied them... The most effective ones in the long run
>>reduce the textual component to the bare minimum.
>
> Okay. Not sure how that applies here. Maybe we should drop "C++."
> :-)

I think that's what both Joaquin and I are saying. Boost by itself, I
think, is recognizable all by itself. Many people already know what it
is, well at least many in the developer community. I don't think we need
the C++ to be explicitly there. And trying to put it there causes all
kinds of problems because one ends up doing other things to make it fit
in, re: the "/".

>>Here's a guideline,if you can "read" the logo in less than 2
>>syllables, it's probably too long.
>
> You must've meant ``if you can't "read"...'' ??

LOL.. Yes I meant "can't" :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything