From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 18:31:17

Rene Rivera wrote:
> http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/boost/index.htm

I like the latest version because it's clean yet elegant in a way that
improves upon the current site. Instead of going ultra-geek with the
logo, I really like the rocket suggestion. Perhaps someone with some
artistic flair could make us a nice rocket logo?

A minor nit is that I think the menu should say:

"Mailing Lists and Newsgroups" [note the capitalization]

I also agree with another poster that the search seems a little
awkward right in the middle of the page. To be honest, when I go to
the Boost site, most of the time, I'm looking for documentation. So
if anything, I'd like to see a big obvious section with a link to the
docs on the main column, but I don't know if anyone else feels that
way. The search would be nice as a little sidebar or topbar type
thingy. The other thing that I think is inappropriate about the
search is that there are really many places where you can and need
to search to find Boost-related material. Sometimes I like to search
GMANE, and sometimes I have to go to ASPN still to get really old
messages. So if we are going to link to search, it seems that all
of those options should be available in the same area.

Dave