From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 18:40:31

Reece Dunn wrote:
> I have created a version of this style available at:
>
> http://uk.geocities.com/msclrhd/boost/
>
> I also have a stripped-down version at:
>
> http://uk.geocities.com/msclrhd/boost/boost.html

Not bad. But any chance you could change the link text color
to a darker shade of blue (like the one used by
wikipedia.org)? The lighter shade of blue is hard on
my eyes. I think I have the same complaint for the new
boost documentation style.

And I know that it's not cool to underline the links, but
I also like the way that it makes the link text stand
out (again, see wikipedia.org).

If it were me, I'd just copy the wikipedia style lock, stock,
and barrel, but that's because I seem to have less graphics
design skills than everybody else on this list
(which is really depressing, since I also have less C++ programming
skills).

It's clear to me that the look of wikipedia.org
was designed by someone who really knows what she/he is doing.
With all due respect, as good as some of the efforts submitted so far
have been, I don't think any of them meet the same high standards
for readability and aesthetics. (But I would like to see Wallin's
design in the flesh and not just as a PNG.)

Of course, there might be other well-designed sites whose style is worth
copying.