From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 20:12:31

Miro Jurisic wrote:

> I don't mean to put down anyone's effort, but some of the logo sketches were,
> well, terrible. I think that a number of people here have had interesting ideas
> in terms of what the logo might contain (whether it's a rocket or angle
> brackets), but very few of the resulting images were esthetically pleasing. My
> proposal is that we take a small set of possible ideas to someone with graphic
> design skills.
>
> I am not implying we have nobody like that here, I just think this is very
> quickly degenerating into a shed-painting discussion, and I think we can save
> everyone a lot of time by picking 1-3 ideas (e.g., "boost rocket") and having
> someone adept of converting ideas into images work with that.

Hence why I tried to discontinue the display of just more logos (noticed
I stopped posting images), and turn it into what the logo should say.
Alas someone goes and responds to the "what do think the logo should
say", with "here's what the logo should look like" :-(

> PS. I think a design which simply reads "boost" and has the letter t be the
> rocket would work well

OK, but you are doing exactly what you said we should not do.

So, you are saying that a "rocket" portrays Boost to you? If so, why?

Are there other *concepts* (not instances) that would represent Boost to
you?

Do you know someone who is familiar about Boost? Ask them what they
think would represent Boost.

Do you know someone who is not familiar with Boost? Ask them what Boost
invokes to them?

...And I'm not just asking you personally these questions... But the
Boost community. Think about it and post your thoughts. But yes, can we
stop posting yours, or my, _this is how it should look_ types of posts.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything