From: SourceForge.net (noreply_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-29 13:49:33

Bugs item #1075456, was opened at 2004-11-29 13:49
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107586&aid=1075456&group_id=7586

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Reproduced on both version 1_31 and 1_32 of Boost.
Reproduced on Mandrake Linux 10.0 and Fedora Core 2.
NOT reproducable on Windows XP (Vis C++ 7.1).

Programs generating threads with boost.thread abort
after a few hundred threads. I do not mean concurrent
threads; this has been reproduced with a program that
never has more than one or two threads active at any
one time.

Attached to this bug report is very short program I
wrote to demonstrate this problem. The program
generates a thread every second, and each thread only
lasts a second. There is never more than 1 or 2
threads active at any time.

On Mandrake 10.0 the program aborts/crashes after 256
threads. On Fedora Core 2 it aborts after about 400
threads. The same program built with Vis C++ 7.1 on
Win XP never seems to crash; it generated tens of
thousands of threads before I manually ended it.

Also attached is the Makefile to build the program with
g++.