From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-01 05:20:30

Caleb Epstein writes:
> I cannot resolve internet hostnames inside my firewall. I have an
> http proxy server which can handle http, https and ftp requests
> (e.g. ftp-over-http, which probably only supports RETR I suspect), as
> well as an FTP proxy server that uses the convention of specifying
> user_at_remotehost as the username to
> connect to Internet hosts. In other words, I do:
>
> % ftp ny-proxy
> Connected to ny-proxy.
> 220 nyinfppxy1 FTP proxy (Version V2.1) ready.
> Name (ny-proxy:nbde52d): annonymous_at_[hidden]
> 331-(----GATEWAY CONNECTED TO fx.meta-comm.com----)
> 331-(220 filestor Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).)
> 331 Password required for annonymous.
> Password:
>
> Then from there things behave like regular FTP.

Oh, that's good enough. If you grab the latest 'regression.py' from
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/regression.py
and provide it with the '--ftp-proxy' option, it will try the above route.
A quick way to check whether it works or not without going through the
whole regression cycle would be this:

    python regression.py upload-logs --runner=<your-runner-id> --ftp-proxy=<proxy>
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^

> I don't think
> Python's ftplib has any out-of-the-box support for firewalls unlike
> the equivalent Perl module Net::FTP which honors the environment
> variable FTP_FIREWALL.

It doesn't, at least it by itself; you need to bundle it with urllib2 to
do the job, but if the above works, it's good enough for now.

> > > These results are with one small patch applied to date_time to work
> > > with the Rogue Wave std::locale::facet.
> >
> > Your might consider putting this into your comment file.
>
> Done. This will be in the next zip I upload. I'm also attaching the two
> small patches to this message.

Applied the toolset patch. You might want to post a separate message with
more explicit subject line to catch the attention of Date-Time folks.

> > We should really get rid of the obstacles on the way to automated runs,
> > though. I'll look into fixing the tarball issue you've reported earlier.
>
> Thanks. There are also some other bugs I've found with regression.py:

[snip various issues]

We'll look into these. Thanks for the report!

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering