From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-16 14:08:00

One issue with leaving the asserts in for release mode testing is that a
common error is to include a condition in an assert that has a side-effect.
This can make a debug executable work while the release mode version fails.
So you can't really test the release mode with the asserts left in. The
only real way is to run Boost Test in release mode.

Robert Ramey