From: Jared McIntyre (jmcintyre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-04 16:39:55

I've continue to play around with this for a few days. The problem revolves around std::wstring. I can serialize
just about anything, with the exception of a std::wstring, using the library. Am I required to use the wide version
of the archives to do std::wstring? If so, is there some mechanism by which a compiler error can be triggered if you
try to use a std::wstring with a non wide version of an archive?

As a side note, I've tried to incorporate the wide version of the library and use that, but I'm running into a
different batch of link errors:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall boost::archive::xml_wiarchive_impl<class
boost::archive::xml_wiarchive>::xml_wiarchive_impl<class boost::archive::xml_wiarchive>(class
std::basic_istream<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short> > &,unsigned int)"

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall boost::archive::xml_woarchive_impl<class
boost::archive::xml_woarchive>::xml_woarchive_impl<class boost::archive::xml_woarchive>(class
std::basic_ostream<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short> > &,unsigned int)"

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall boost::archive::basic_text_oprimitive<class
std::basic_ostream<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short> > >::~basic_text_oprimitive<class
std::basic_ostream<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short> > >(void)"
(??1?$basic_text_oprimitive_at_V?$basic_ostream_at_GU?$char_traits_at_G@std@@@std@@@archive_at_boost@@QAE_at_XZ) referenced in
function "public: virtual __thiscall boost::archive::xml_woarchive_impl<class
boost::archive::xml_woarchive>::~xml_woarchive_impl<class boost::archive::xml_woarchive>(void)"

Any thoughts? I actually still get the same errors caused by the use of std::wstring as well.

Jared