From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-05 18:27:54

Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 01:31 PM 2/5/2005, David B. Held wrote:
>
> >> * RapidSVN doesn't save location on exit, so every time you start
> it up
>
> >> you have to navigate to wherever you want to be. It also crashed
> on me >> several times. My sense is it is a nice piece of software,
> but also
> very
> >> immature as yet.
> >
> >That's probably true. Which is why you should take a look at
> >TortoiseSVN. ;)
>
> OK...
>
> Yep, TortoiseSVN seems much more mature than RapidSVN. It reduced the
> checkout byte count to something fairly reasonable, etc.
>
> The reason I prefer a separate client to the explore plug-in is to be
> able
> to see the branch/tag. That prevents mistakes due to me being confused
> about which branch/tag/revision is currently the working copy for a
> file. Perhaps that isn't a problem with Subversion, or there is a way
> to get TortoiseSVN to display the current branch/tag, or at least
> some indication that the current copy is not the HEAD.

You can find out which repository directory a particular SVN local directory
is referencing by right-clicking, going into the TortoiseSVN submenu and
choosing Repo Browser. A TortoiseSVN setting ( TortoiseSVN sub-menu |
Settings | Look and Feel | Context Menu ) lets you put the TortoiseSVN
submenu Repo Browser directly in your right-clicked main menu. A good
suggestion to the TortoiseSVN people on the NG might be to put the full
repository path referenced by an SVN local directory directly on the
right-click submenu, at least as an option, to make it even easier to see
what repository path an SVN local directory references.