From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-06 04:57:41

Stefan Slapeta wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
>

>> Take a look at
>>
>> http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2005/n1756.pdf
>>
>> issue 6.18.
>

> It's even more important to provide this functionality in boost as the
> LWG obviously decided not yet to include these (IMO crucial) extensions
> into TR1:

I agree, but should it be available in Boost.Tr1? I guess that I could
provide two different versions: boost::hash, which implements Peter's
version, and std::tr1::hash, which is a strict implementation of the
standard, but uses boost::hash_value as an implementation detail (so
there isn't much code duplication).

Although if I do that, I should probably also provide two different
versions of the unordered associative container - with different default
hash functions. But that's pretty easy to do, just a bit messy.

Daniel