From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-06 17:13:30

At 04:25 AM 2/6/2005, David B. Held wrote:
>Jeff Garland wrote:
>> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 19:51:34 -0500, Beman Dawes wrote
>> [...]
>>> I'm quite impressed with TortoiseSVN. Maybe I'll even read the
>>> manual:-)
>>
>> Actually, I think it is testiment to the design to NOT have to
>> read the manual...
>
>Manual? You mean TortoiseSVN *has* a manual?? ;> And if it does,
>do we really need to go that far? ;>

Well, I also think it is a testament to the design to be able to do many
common operations without reference to the manual (which is available by
selecting the "Help" menu item.

But TortoiseSVN's manual is really good. One of the best I've seen in a
long time. It includes a lot of tutorial material, and has a large "Daily
Use Guide" section of task oriented documentation for common user tasks.
Coupled with the strong GUI design, it allowed me to come up to speed much
more quickly than usual.

I set up a local repository this morning. My initial attempt clearly got
the directory hierarchy wrong. When that has happened to me with CVS, I've
always had to delete the repository and start over. With TortoiseSVN, I
just did some repository moves of the offending directories, and was up and
running in no time. Very slick.

--Beman