From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-07 02:35:01

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> At Sunday 2005-02-06 04:45, you wrote:
> [...]
> It's becoming apparent that the ONLY possibilities being considered are
> CVS (ancient history) and Subversion. Other than my mention of cvsnt
> and one other NOBODY is looking at it.
>
> not to put _too_ fine a point on it:
>
> CVSNT ELIMINATES THIS PROBLEM!!

Well, we have to look at TCO. Does CVSNT offer *other* compelling
advantages over CVS *and* SVN? Because if it can't offer the other
nice features of SVN, we have to weigh whether we want to switch to
a one-trick pony or not. The impression I get from a quick glance
is that CVSNT is just a tweaked CVS that adds a few things like
smart merge and authentication. But Boost doesn't exactly have
highly sensitive projects that require fine-grained security control,
so it seems that it should be more concerned with the types of
common user tasks that SVN does well in comparison to CVS. However,
I am more than willing to be convinced otherwise, given additional
information.

Dave