From: Hartmut Kaiser (HartmutKaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-09 17:56:23

Doug Gregor wrote:

> > My current problem is, somewhere deep down in cpp_macromap.hpp a
> > simple innocent if (first != last) statement (line 433) triggers
> > another assertion. These are iterator_facade's (which I don't grok)
> > and end up comparing iterators to two distinct containers.
> Looking the
> > other way on the callstack, I see some deeply suspect iterators
> > (singular, destroyed, ?)
>
> Yikes... I'll dig into it when I get a chance to write my Wave review.

Yikes indeed ;-)

But rest assured, I've fixed the problems asserted on by the iterator test
code of the VC8 STL (at least the problems reported by you and Michiel).
Because these bug were quite serious, I've uploaded a new version of Wave,
which you should use for further investigations here:
http://spirit.sourceforge.net/dl_more/wave-1.1.13.zip, additionally I've
updated the Boost-sandbox CVS to contain the very same bits.

Thanks for your insights!
Regards Hartmut