From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-25 20:30:56

In sandbox http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/
is small (1 header minitest.hpp) Boostified library
to help with testing.

I use it instead of other frameworks as it
doesn't require any work.

Example of use:
_________________________________
#include <boost/minitest.hpp>

BOOST_MINITEST
{
   assert(....);
}

BOOST_MINITEST
{
  assert(....);
}

boost::minitest::execute_all_tests();
_________________________________

Features:

- no helper classes, functions or naming conventions needed

- allows to execute tests randomly (I found this very helpful)

- it is possible to execute tests only from last N modified source files.
  This allows to re-run tests after every minor source
  modification (i.e. Test Driven Development)

- no *.cpp files

- works on systems w/o exceptions enabled, doesn't need RTTI

- works with DLLs (it is needed to "register" every DLL).
  DLLs can be dynamically loaded/unloaded.

- tested with VC6, Intel 7, BCB 6. Should work on UNIXes
  (I don't try yet).

- allows to re-run failed test immediatelly if user wishes

_________________________________
Disadvantages:

- tests must be written on top level (i.e. not within functions)

- no mechanism to select what "exact" tests to run is available
  (by design - I found it rather useless for me)

- testing a DLLs requires few lines of support code per DLL

- the "test only few last changed files" feature is rather brittle - it
doesn't
 deal with headers and dependencies (it is just quick an dirty tool)

Would this tiny tool be useful as part of Boost? - as complement
to Boost.Test. If there's interest I can write docs and add tests.

/Pavel