From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-26 11:38:06

I was thinking about the overload resolution functions suggested a while
back by Arturo Cuebas[1] and had no idea why the compiler needs to be
told the number of parameters in the first place. So I took his code and
removed the numbers from functions, and it worked (in gcc). I guess that
it didn't work for him because of his compiler.

Well, it almost worked. Sometimes there is more than the one function
that fits the template parameters. So I kept the numbered overloads to
be able to match them.

It might be possible to get these to work without the number of
parameters by making the compiler prefer overloads for functions with
less parameters.

I've attached a demo.

Daniel

[1] http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg69451.php