From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-26 17:52:11

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>> > "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> of
>>
>> Sure.

>> Sure.
>
> Does above 'sure' means you are going to take care about it, or you want me
> to do it?

It means, "yes, the header should be split." Personally I don't care
very much whether it gets done or not.

>> ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
>> ?? Double negative??
>>
>> Its implementation should be replaced by one that uses the Boost
>> Numeric Conversion Library.
>
> I think just include boost/numeric/cast.hpp will work.

No such file. Maybe boost/numeric/conversion/cast.hpp?

> And test program should be depricated either.

You can't use "either" that way. You could say

  And the test program should be deprecated too.

or

  And the test program shouldn't be deprecated either.

But they mean completely different things. I can't tell which of
these you mean (or if you mean one of them at all).

> BTW I noticed that this test (either original in
> libs/convertion/test or
             ^

No such directory. And there's no test for numeric_cast in
libs/conversion/test.

> copy in libs/numeric/convertion/test)

So whatever you're referring to can't be a copy of something that
doesn't exist.

> could use use BOOST_TEST_THROW in
> stead of handcrafted checks.

I don't know what source file you're referring to, so I can't really
evaluate your statement.

Is there some advantage to using BOOST_TEST_THROW? For a long time I
was avoiding using the test library because of instability we had
around release time, and because other mechanisms seemed to be easier
and more straightforward.

>> > 4. Shouldn't polymorphic_downcast work for references?
>>
>> I have no opinion.
>
> In a book you have this in excesises. And i do not see why not?

Is that a question?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting