From: Reid Sweatman (drunkardswalk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 01:12:55

I didn't see most of this thread, and may be totally off-base here, but you
need to use a tool that can intercept the output from OutputDebugString(),
as that function assumes there's a debugger attached to its process; if
there's no attached debugger, it attempts to use the Windows system
debugger, which must be both installed and active. However, I like
SysInternals' DebugView, both because it's well-written and easy to use, and
because it's free. Very lightweight alternative to invoking a full debugger
when that would be overkill. It can do kernel-mode debugging, too, which is
a major plus, if you need that; got a copy running on my other machine right
now. www.sysinternals.com. And if this is not to the point, or you already
know all this, bear in mind that I only had this post available, and skimmed
it pretty cursorily, and please just disregard my post.

Reid