From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 10:35:12

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:33:40 -0800 (PST)
Chris Just <cpjust_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been looking through the boost library and I haven't been able to
> find anything that works like typeid() that returns the exact (i.e.
> derived) class name instead of just the base class.
>
> I want to compare two derived classes to make sure that they are of
> the same class, but typeid() only returns the name of the base class.
>
> If there is a boost function that does this, or if someone has a way
> of doing it could you please point me in the right direction?

Funny about timing...

I think I can answer your question, but I must answer with another
question. What do you mean by "typeid() only returns the name of the
base class?" This is surely not the case for polymorphic types, at
least according to the standard. Maybe if you post a bit of code, which
represents what you are trying to accomplish, I can help...