From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 13:26:54

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of Jonathan Turkanis
> Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 10:26 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: [boost] Re: Re: Re: Iostreams Question:
> Bestwaytooutputtowin32debugger\outwindow ?
>
> Reid Sweatman wrote:

[Brian Braatz Writes:]
Yes. (sorry if I got off base)- the question relevant to boost \
iostreams was this-

        Given a device which has different line termination than \n, how
do you handle it in such a way that allows for that device to be able to
interpret std::endl so it works as the user would expect. (and so the
code you write using the sink makes sense to the user)

        I happen to be using win32's outputdebugstring, but the same
issue applies for "printing" to a windows edit control. The same issue
might also apply to a daisy wheel printer. And, personally, I think
boost should support daisy wheel printers (grin)....