From: Jarl Lindrud (jlindrud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-02 05:13:20

Johan Nilsson <johan.nilsson <at> esrange.ssc.se> writes:

> Just a couple of quick questions after scanning the article:
>
> - Does/could the library support custom marshaling on a per-object and/or
> interface basis - I'd be specifically interested in MBV (Marshal By Value)?
> - Did you implement portable, binary serialization?
>
> // Johan

I think it would be relatively straightforward to support something like MBV.
The machinery is already there, it would just need to be applied a bit
differently.

Yeah, I implemented portable binary serialization, along with native binary and
text serialization. I had some performance issues with boost serialization, it
seems as if the boost archives are not well optimized to what I'm doing, which
is creating thousands of archives per second, and then serializing a small
amount of data to/from them. I haven't looked closely enough yet to say where
the bottleneck is, though.

/Jarl.