From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-02 10:39:25

At 01:01 AM 3/2/2005, Jeff Garland wrote:

>On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:32:46 -0600, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote

>> This was the intention all along, but it was never carried out in the
>> release race.
>
>Fair enough -- I was almost afraid to ask since I hate to make the
release
>process any harder than it is now.

That points up a general problem; the release manager's workload is too
high.

Perhaps we should consider a team approach to release management. One
person concentrate on regression tests, another on patch management, a
third on webmaster activities.

That way when it comes to putting the actual release together, the release
manager won't be as frazzled.

--Beman