From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-03 11:24:15

> Appended below are the instructions that I wrote up when I did it. These
> are
> the exact command lines I did, none of which define _UNICODE. They are
> also
> pretty much the installation instructions from boost.org. Now, I'm not
> saying that _UNICODE doesn't get defined, simply that it isn't anything
> concious that I did. It all boils down to:
>
> 1) get a "Visual Studio .NET 2003" command prompt
> 2) bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" "-sPYTHON_ROOT=d:\Python23"
> "-sPYTHON_VERSION=2.3"
> stage
>
> PS. I took a look at my environment variables, and UNICODE isn't defined.
>
> Finally, which precise library did I use? Well, that'd be multi-threaded,
> static, debug.
>
> Hope that helps.

Nope, the strange thing is that's the build-combination that I use all the
time, and I still can't reproduce the issue, there must still be some piece
of vital information missing somewhere. Can you put together a small VC IDE
project that demonstrates the problem (preferably using one of the regex
examples or test programs if you can)? Mail it to john *at*
johnmaddock.co.uk to avoid cluttering up the list with attachments,

Thanks,

John.