From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-04 23:31:56

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:42:16 -0700, Brian Braatz <brianb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> But the Profile LOG (like a trace of what happened) looks like this
> DEPTH NAME TIME
> 0 FuncA 2 Seconds
> 1 FuncB 1 Second
>
> Does that answer your question, or am I missing something?

Just a subtle point, but the boost::timer class returns CPU time used
not elapsed wall-clock time and would return results of ~0.0 for a
function that just sleep'd for a second or two.

If what you're looking for is a high-resolution clock, try
<boost/date_time/microsec_time_clock.hpp> (at least in the latest
CVS). If you want performance or profiling information, use
boost::timer.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com