From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-05 10:19:36

Ian McCulloch <ianmcc_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Jeff Garland wrote:

>>> We really have to wait until the next boost release to get an important
>>> correction made to the boost web page? That sounds nuts!
>>
>> I updated the boost website mailing_list page and the ublas documents to
>> point to the new list. Downloads of the release will still be incorrect,
>> however.
>
> Thanks Jeff. Although I'm not responsible for the uBLAS web pages, for the
> record is there an established procedure to get such updates made if the
> need arises in the future? Or is this the first time it has happened?

Any boost developer can update those pages, by scp'ing them to the
appropriate directory of shell.sf.net:/home/groups/b/bo/boost/htdocs.
First the developer should make the change in our CVS repository, so
it's not lost. The developer must also ensure that there is group
write and general read permission on the file(s), and additionally
general execute permission on any directories. That can be done
either before uploading the material or afterwards by doing a

ssh shell.sf.net "chmod-command-here"

Yeah, this should be documented on some webpage. Okay, I posted the
procedure here: http://www.boost.org/more/updating_the_website.html

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting