From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-05 15:03:42

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 14:18:46 -0500, David Abrahams wrote
> Cool! Spambayes is a great adaptable spam filter; I'm using it with
> great success for my email. FWIW.

Interesting thought -- for the moment the filter will probably be a bit more
low-tech. Other Wiki admins have been working on this problem so I'm
leveraging their work. For example, others have already created and maintain
lists of sites and word combinations that indicate spam. BTW, I consider my
current effort to be a somewhat short term solution. I want to upgrade the
Wiki software sometime this year to something with more features like RSS
support and better spam control built-in. But the upgrade is more involved --
not something I can really take on just now.

Jeff