From: Boris (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-05 15:38:31

Jeff Garland wrote:
> [...]
> Other Wiki's are now using content filters to prevent spam from ever
> being committed. At the core of the spamming is a desire to get
> links into google. So the filters essentially evaluate the content of

Another solution is to add rel="nofollow" to all hyperlinks in the Wiki (or
use a filter to add this attribute only to some links). Google, MSN Search
and Yahoo! (and maybe others) will ignore these links. Google came up with
the idea in January because of the huge amount of comment spam in blogs. See
http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/01/preventing-comment-spam.html
Of course we have then to make sure that the spammers get the message and
understand that their links are not considered any more.

Boris