From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-06 01:54:07

Looking at the .NET async methods, they are using WSARecv() etc.
Maybe those use a global completion port underneath it all? If so,
where did you get the source for Winsock :P

Perhaps I should have been more clear. When implementing completion
ports, in win32 at least, you aren't limited by callbacks for socket
functions but can also loosely manage your threads and push custom
messages to them. I could understand why the custom messages might be
out of scope (though it is very useful) of Boost.Socket, but managing
the threads (even minimally, just to choose how much threads to start)
is a must.