From: Iain K. Hanson (ikh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-06 06:50:30

Dave Abrahams wrote:

> Or maybe more people
> should be voting for it on the *condition* that an option with fast
> dispatch must be available. I must say, in a world replete with
> high-performance generic components, I agree that "Boost FSM" is too
> broad to cover a library that only does dynamic double-dispatch.

Personnally, in its current shape I wouldn't vote for this library as
an element of an FSM lib. But, there is something that I find really
funcky that Andreas has discovered. That you can scale FSMs by spliting
them across compilation units in user code

I'd love to see a DSL ( Domain Specific Language ) for state charts that
generated Alexsey style FSMs with states able to be defined in seperate
compilation units. This would solve the scaleabilty problems.

/ikh