From: Tony Juricic (tonygeek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-06 23:10:22

Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
> Over the past few years, the style of our abstract interfaces for
> system-dependent features has bothered me more and more.
> [cut]

Since thread library was the first boost library that I tried to use,
right after I "discovered" boost++, I can not agree with you more. My
take on it is that people simply don't use it. IMO, current thread
library is an old, in those times politically correct, hommage to Java
thread classes but in C++.

Some past discussion regarding IMO useless thread-specific ptr indicated
to me that people involved with threads are either doing something with
threads that is way past my capabilities to understand, or that they are
simply playing 'syntactic games' since they don't really use threads
except maybe to construe material for magazine aricles and useless
trivial examples.

Tony