From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-07 13:09:03

> > IMO we shouldn't post any preliminary results. Would we sell TV right,
for
> > that continues updates would make it more attractive to watch. But for
our
> > purposes it's at best distracting if not influencing the outcome.
>
> So perhaps we should also reconsider the way we vote for or
> against a library?

We vote for or against the submission based on some technical aspects. With
logo contest on the other hand in many-many cases it's just I like this or I
like that. I would be all for the post with I like logo number ## because
... (here some valid points from some points of view - but not because I
like colors/size/picture better). Posting preliminary results bring more
attention to the logos currently on top. In my experience, when it comes to
selecting based not on some objective parameters but on some subjective
preferences, people tend to prefer what they see first, what they are used
to or what others preferred.

Gennadiy