From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-07 13:44:19

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>>IMO we shouldn't post any preliminary results. Would we sell TV right,
>
> for
>
>>>that continues updates would make it more attractive to watch. But for
>
> our
>
>>>purposes it's at best distracting if not influencing the outcome.
>>
>>So perhaps we should also reconsider the way we vote for or
>>against a library?
>

> We vote for or against the submission based on some technical aspects. With
> logo contest on the other hand in many-many cases it's just I like this or I
> like that. I would be all for the post with I like logo number ## because
> ... (here some valid points from some points of view - but not because I
> like colors/size/picture better). Posting preliminary results bring more
> attention to the logos currently on top. In my experience, when it comes to
> selecting based not on some objective parameters but on some subjective
> preferences, people tend to prefer what they see first, what they are used
> to or what others preferred.

Really? Hmmm.

Well, I'd prefer to think that the people here at Boost are more
intelligent than that. But I respect your opinion and the ongoing
tally has been temporarily suspended awaiting consensus on how
best to proceed. Let's hear what others got to say.

Cheers,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com