From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-07 15:01:58

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Cc: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 12:33 PM
Subject: [boost] Re: Logo Contest Current Tally

> christopher diggins wrote:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel de Guzman"
>> <joel_at_[hidden]>

>>> I was afraid about this happening. I hinted on progressively
>>> posting the results in my preliminary heads-up message to the
>>> boost moderators list and no-one objected, so I thought I'd give
>>> transparency more weight. Perhaps I'm wrong. If you guys think
>>> that a continuous tally is not a good idea, I'm all ears.
>>

>> People who have not yet voted are now more likely vote for the currently
>> posted top candidates. I for one would have voted differently now than
>> before, please remove the list.
>
> I was hoping Boost folks are more inteligent than that!

This has nothing to do with intelligence, but rather with the fact that
people who vote later can have more influence on the outcome than people who
vote early. I think a running tally is undemocratic and undermines the whole
point of using IRV.

Christopher Diggins
Object Oriented Template Library (OOTL)
http://www.ootl.org