From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 07:32:22

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:34:15 +0200, Yitzhak Sapir wrote
> Boost date_time apparently has a thread safety problem in linux in
> that it calls localtime() in boost/date_time/time_clock.hpp and
> related functions rather than localtime_r() and related functions.
> This is even though BOOST_HAS_PTHREADS is defined by configure in
> user.hpp.

That's true -- date_time doesn't do anything to ensure thread safety. I'm a
little reluctant to protect these functions since the user can determine
better if they need to take the associated performance hit. Of course this
needs to be documented, which it isn't now. Thoughts?

Jeff