From: James Fowler (boost_list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 15:10:56

Ion Gaztañaga wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> I've just uploaded a new version of Shmem library (removed Boost from
> name because of the new naming policy) to Boost Files
> (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/), which includes built
> html help files. Snapshot file: Shmem.2005-03-06.tar.bz2. Changes and
> features from last version:

Is this anywhere I can get this other than on "yahoo"? There was an
earlier version (boost.shmem.2005-02-07.tar.gz) in the vault
(http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/), but it appears to have
disappeared... can you put the new one there? I've been using the
earlier version in my current project. I'd like to test it with your
new version. Anyone who wants to use my library will need yours too.

> For the next version I plan to improve code comments, documentation
> and tests. Please, if there is any comment or suggestion, let me know.
> Regards,

If you're going to be working on the documentation, you might want to
take a look at QuickBook.

AFAIK, one thing still missing (I've seen it occasional requests, but
not much response) in boost is a portable interface to atomic
integer-ish manipulation. There's some support for atomics in
detail/atomic_count*.hpp, but no compare&exchange. I would think that
this is pretty important for lock-free shared data structures, which can
be very good things to have. Anything like this in your new version?

What platforms are you able to test on?

- james

 James Fowler, Open Sea Consulting
 http://www.OpenSeaConsulting.com, Marietta, Georgia, USA