From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 05:09:46

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> David Abrahams writes:
>
>>Or it doesn't iconify well, just for example.
>

> Never understood why it's important. What's the use case for it
> besides that smallish icon in the browser's address line that hardly
> anybody cares about? 95% of all the logos out there don't iconify well
> or at all.

Some browsers make more use of them. They appear on tabs and in the
bookmarks menu. My browser also changes its window icon to match the
current page so that it appears in taskbars, window lists and pagers.
This is really useful when you have lots of windows open.

But I agree that it wouldn't matter that much if the icon didn't match
the logo. Something simple would work, such as a 'B'.

Daniel