From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 08:02:16

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Daniel James wrote:
>> Oh dear, it's actually the header file that's out of date. I changed
>> it because it won't work for custom character traits.
>

> Why do you think so?

That's issue 6.17 from n1756. I think you can define char_traits to
create a case-insensitive string, so you'd want to get the same hash
values for "foo" as "FOO".

I was thinking of adding overloads for hash_combine and hash_range to
use custom hash functions to deal with this sort of thing, but I thought
it'd be best to stick with your design for the initial version (I might
propose such changes as part of the review submission of the unordered
containers).

Daniel