From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 10:22:10

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:45:52 +0000 (UTC), Jarl Lindrud
<jlindrud_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > As for messaging vs RPC, I think the same thing applies; it is easier to
> > build an RPC layer on top of messaging than the other way around.
>
> If you have oneway RPC's, why would it be difficult to build messaging on top of
> that? The two seem to me to be almost the same thing.

Messaging is often built on top of a broadcast or multicast transport,
so one does not need to locate or connect to a remote endpoint in
order to publish messages. I don't think one-way RPCs are an adequate
replacement for publish-subscribe semantics like these if you have a
large fanout.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com