From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 06:56:49

Dear Boost community,

after three complete rewrites and numerous steps of incremental
refinement (some of it based on feedback from you) I am proud to hereby
present my attempt to provide a "truely boostish" metaprogramming
facility to work with function-, function reference - and (member)
function pointer types.

The functional range includes:
- type classification ("is T a * function ?")
- type decomposition (e.g. "what is the result of the function T
describes ?")
- type synthesis ("create a * function with these subtypes !")

All of the above work with variadic functions and (configuration
dependent) with arbitrary calling conventions.

Common applications are:
- generating callbacks (the most prominent special case of this is
argument binding)
- extracting meta infromation from function prototypes
- concept checking (e.g. "let's see if this is a setter/getter pair...")
- systematic overload selection

See the Documentation for further information.
[ -> http://tinyurl.com/4fw9n ]

A downloadable archive has been put into the vault.
[ -> http://tinyurl.com/4oe7q ]

Its quality has improved by an order of magnitude since my first naive
attempts, last year - and not at least because of those of you who
helped. Thank you !

I decided to use the next couple of days for finalizing refinement and
to wait for some more feedback to confirm or disprove my suspicion that
the submission is "review ready", before sending out a formal request.

Regards,

Tobias