From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 14:38:31

"Felipe Magno de Almeida" <felipe.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
| > "Felipe Magno de Almeida" <felipe.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| > | Is there any documentation or someone already working on it?
| > | If I can be useful, I would like to help in it.
| >
| > hm..didn't the file contains a lot of docs? ((in
| > boost/libs/ptr_container/fdocs/ )
| haha, I missed that.
| >
| > btw, the sand-box dir is garbage, the new is in boost/ dir.
| >
| > As for help, then I could use some help when I finish the
| > new docs, proof-reading and all. I'll let you know.
| I'd be glad.
| And I must say, this is really great. All that I needed.
| I just couldnt use the assign operator here.
| Im not a standard expertise, but in my STL book it says vectors have
| assignment operator.

yes, but this is no ordinary std::vector. std::vector is for self-contained
value types; boost::ptr_vector is for pointers whose life-time
 must be managed.

| boost::vector<A> vector1, vector2;
| vector1 = vector2;

boost::ptr_vector don't have an assignment operator; it is not Assignable nor
CopyConstructible.

you must clone or release the container:

vector1 = vector2.clone();
vector1 = vector2.release();

br

Thorsten