From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 14:48:40

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:02:42 -0000, Bronek Kozicki <brok_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Victor A. Wagner Jr. <vawjr_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > as for anything still working on VC++6.0, I'm already on record as
> > saying boost should drop this ancient compiler.
>
> I agree, however we have too large project here to "just" move it to the
> newer compiler. It takes some time and determination ...

Maybe you should consider a less compiler-intensive implementation
then. The URL below has links to a number of alternatives which will
probably work fine, including Henry Spencer's classic C implementation
and the PCRE library (Perl-compatible):

http://arglist.com/regex/

There are several C++ wrappers for PCRE available from here:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Contrib/

I'm most fond of the one in the file C++Wrapper.tar.gz (files are
called re.h and re.cpp).

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com