From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 11:38:00

Thanks for all the input. I posted a "modification" shortly after the
original, noting that I was using types not integral constants, but I
guess it did not make it out.

However, after reading the replies, the point I made in the
"modification" seems to stand. All the documentation uses fully
qualified names even when referring to types, which is misleading, and
that is what I was trying to get at (though not very well). The
rationale for doing so only mentions integral constants, but just about
all the references in the documentation use fully qualified names for
types as well. To me, the documentation is encouraging fully qualified
names for everything.

Maybe the documentation should change? Maybe something should be added
to say that the '::' is needed for integral constants only and using
them for types is dangerous? Maybe I am the only one with this problem
and I should just quietly go away ;->

In any event, I am very appreciative for the input, even though you
thought I could not tell the difference between a type and integral
constant...