From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 12:46:48

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:09:11 -0000
"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Are you sure? I just searched the type traits docs and the
> integral-constant-expression white paper for " ::", and only found one
>
> occurance where a type was refered to with a leading ::.

The most clear example is on the main page,
boost/libs/type_traits/index.html, about half way down starting with the
section, "Transformations Between Types." Pretty much everything there
that summarizes the features has the leading '::' in the "Expression"
examples.

Maybe the intent is simply to say that they are in ::boost, but I do not
recall seeing this kind of specification in other boost docs, and mized
with the coding standards it confused me (but obviously that is not a
difficult task).

> Even so, it's easy to be tripped up by this, and with luck I'm going
> to rewrite the type traits docs "real soon now", so I'll try and make
> this clearer.

Cool. BTW, how would you state the differences between using
type_traits and mpl, as Dave suggested in this thread?