From: Misha Bergal (mbergal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 22:08:49

Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> writes:

> To improve the reproducibility of results and make testing more
> predictable, we might want to have the regression scripts always check
> out using a given date/time tag, e.g., 12:00am EST each night. That
> way, all of the tests for the day will be on the same codfe. If it
> helps fix other problems with regression testing, great!

Doug, I want to put in writing some things which I believe to be
important to be stated explicitly. I believe that at the end, you are
the release manager for 1.33.0. As such, you have a great influence on
what the testing group goals are - you are our "main customer".

You just need to tell us what you consider to be your main problems
and their priorities.

For example,

* Developers/Release manager need to see what changes caused this
  particular test to fail.

* Release manager should be able to set what revision of codebase is
  getting tested and get all results for that particular revision

* When developer checks something in - she should see the results of
  that checkin ASAP. Something like telling the testing system, test
  me my library on all toolsets and return be the results, quick!

We will then see what we can do for you in time for 1.33.0.

--
Misha Bergal
MetaCommunications Engineering