From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-13 09:53:38

David Abrahams wrote:
> I think Alexander's does allow dispersed machines, FWIW.

Not yet that far. I have only tried separate compilation of dispatch
table. I have a plan for further separation:

Minimize compilation time
-------------------------

- Use typeof in overloads::set wherever possible
- Special unrolling for sets with fixed arity

FSM-specific optimization
-------------------------

- Put tranition table generation into separate translation unit.
  Even spread it over several TUs - one TU for one event or small
  group of events.
- Avoid using get_state directly, better get states or results of
  operations on states througth visitors. Put visitation code in
  separate TU.

It's not exactly dispersed machines but still may help to generate
middle-sized (more then 100 transitions) FSMs.

--
Alexander Nasonov