From: Willam Lee (huilee946_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-13 21:24:30

A C++ framework for network is very useful and long
for. I have seen the ACE, but felt it too weight. The
proposed library seems a lightweight one and the
socket wrapper is appropriate.
I think if user manage the sockets one by one, the
proposed library will work perfectly. But in common
network applications, a server usually serves on
several sockets or ports with a select() style
function. In this condition, how to process multiple
socket class for different connection the proposal ?
In the pseudo code, select() function is a member
function of socket, maybe it can only process the
'this' socket.
Finally I don't like build socket lib based on
iostream, but the net lib can provide some operator
like "<<" , ">>" to simulate the iosteam-style
calling.

Thanks Boris's work.

best regards
William Lee